Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Photo Sharing Sites

The other day i discovered this new photo sharing site, YouREP with 2Gb memory space. YouREP stands for You Represent. Anyway, it is still in beta stage. And I am wary of these beta sites. But it was Time magazine top 10 websites for 2006.

I am still testing YouREP. So far so good. They do allow photos of quite sizable portions.

----------------------------------

The other time, i used another photo sharing site, Esnips also in beta stage. And after not logging in for few weeks, I found out that I just could not logged in anymore! And even after i clicked on the "Forgot Password" column, and changing my password, i still cannot get into my folders! Damn! All those photos and videos are lost somewhere!

The site do offer an attractive 5 Gb memory. But TRY AT OWN YOUR RISKS! Dun say you have not been warned!

Below is the email response they sent me after i emailed them my problem.

---------------------------------

Dear user,

Did you use the virification email to activate your account?

First of all let's make sure you haven't gotten the confirmation e-mail: Please go to the junk mail folder in your e-mail account and look for the confirmation e-mail there (your anti-spam software might have sent it directly to your 'junk mail' folder).

If the e-mail is nowhere to be found, try signing in to your eSnips account again, to prompt resending the confirmation e-mail.

If you don't receive it the second time (don't forget to check the junk mail folder), and have another e-mail account, I recommend that you open a new account with the other e-mail address.

(Preferably not a hotmail or your internet provider e-mail account).

Kind regards,
Meital Bichler
Technical Support

----------------------------------

What do they mean by open a new account? What about my old account? When a site loses the content of their users, they lose their credibility! And if it can happen once, it can definitely happen again!

And do they think I am some sort of retarded idiot? Of course, i read the verification email they sent me, clicked on it and changed my password! But the problem is that I still cannot logged in after that! All it appeared on screen is a blank page!

And they even spelled "verification" wrong! Where is this site operating from?

---------------------------------

Updated: Jul 2007

I have tried accessing the website of YouREP for quite a few days now. I think the website is GONE! So much for beta site!

Did it run short of funding? How on earth did it get selected for Time magazine top 10 websites then?

Screw you, You REP! I will never trust another beta site again!

No comments: