Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Fingers Numb!

I had just recovered from my high fever over the weekend and was watching TV last night when I realised that my three last fingers on the left hand going numb. There was a sharp tingling and numbing sensation. Frankly, I thought I was having a heart attack or having a stroke. I really thought that my fever yesterday had triggered a stroke.

SO was sleeping as usual but I did not wake him, though I was close to panicking. But rather than checking in the hospital and staging a false alarm, I surfed the net and googled for numb fingers. I was not having any heart palpitations, nor was i having difficulty breathing just that my fingers were numb.

I found out online that for a stroke to happen, your left side would be totally numb, that means including the whole arm, and maybe the face. Since my was only 3 fingers, the cause could be neurological caused by the high fever, or pinched nerve or carpal tunnel syndrome.

Such conditions are quite common and reading these lessen my fears to a great extent.

I did told SO the condition as I was preparing for bed. He told me that if the numbness persisted longer, he would accompanied me to a doctor the next day.

No comments: