Monday, May 5, 2008

High Fever!

SO and I came down with high fevers over the weekend. It started as a slight sore throat on Friday afternoon on my side and by evening, my throat was cracked and raspy.

SO as usual had went home to his mother's place to spent the night. When I sms him on Sat morning as he was returning home, that I was sick with fever, sore throat and cough, he told me he had the same symptoms.

By the time he returned home in the late morning with breakfast, I was down in bed with fever. After breakfast, both of us went to bed, feverish.

Frankly, the next 2 days were in a daze. I remembered just sleeping and sleeping. We simply have no energy nor strength to wake up. We were just lying there, weak and faint. I was feeling hot and cold and having all these nasty nightmares of being in a hospital ward. It was a nightmare that repeated itself. For two whole days, I dreamed of being in a hospital ward, lying in bed, turning and tossing.

I seriously thought I was going to die. I asked SO if he thought it was dengue fever but he simply just refused to accept the notion. Being the one always at home, while he's always about running about for work, chances are that he brought back whatever virus, sickness and spread it to me. That bitch simply denied it. He claimed it was airborned and that I had spread it to him.

Anyway, after sleeping for 2 days and having 2 panadols every 8 hours, we recovered. Well, at least SO recovered enough to go to work on Monday, while I slept the whole day until he returned from work.

No comments: