Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Death of my Wireless

I was happily surfing the net using Opera Mini on my mobile N85 yesterday afternoon when my wireless dropped dead!

I could not connect to my wireless broadband!! I just could not detect my wireless network!

And I tried all afternoon and gave up by evening time. My wireless is dead! Dead!

So when SO came back, we fiddled with the wireless modem for a while but still could not get it to work.

I then took out the modem Singnet sent us last year when we recontract. I did not use this new modem cos the old one (the one that died yesterday) was functioning very well. And thus I did not see any point in doing so. Besides I was lazy.

Well, the new modem did not have the term "Wireless" stated anywhere in the box or packaging.

And when I connected the modem, I realised, yeah, this modem is NOT wireless! No choice. Beggars cannot be choosers! Just have to make do with the non wireless one.

But damn, I am still not satisfied. I am so used to using wireless for the past few years, I just dun like using wires! Besides, I mostly surf the net using my phone. And with NO wireless, I just cannot do so!

So i got SO to call Singnet technical support but they said if there is no light on the ASDL, then it's dead. Singnet said we could try calling the modem manufacturer, 2Wire.

He also was advised to call Singnet Sales unit to ask why we were given a wired modem instead of a wireless modem.

I feel so lost. I am so used to reading blogs and sites on my mobile. I checked the net using my phone about once an hour, sometimes even more. It's the first thing I do when I wake up each morning and the last thing I do before I sleep at night.

And not being able to detect my wireless network and surfing the net on my phone is starting to make me crankly and restless.

I am mumbling here. I have been sick for the last week. Been sick since last monday and I have been coughing since.

No comments: