Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I made SO cry!

We were watching having dinner in front of the TV and I was telling SO about my phone call with my mother this afternoon.

Mother had this Indian lady friend who was being evicted from her home cos her husband squandered away money instead of paying for their housing loan. And as such, they had to move to a smaller flat.

And she had these 2 dogs. A partially blind poodle, which my mother gave her many years ago. The poodle wasn't blind then. It developed catarats due to old age.

And then the friend also had this 3 year old shi tzu bitch .

Well, this dog has some skin problems and her owner has never brought her down for walks. NEVER.

And as this indian friend was not that well off, she could not afford to bring the dog to the vet for its skin problems. And she fed her dogs rice and vegetables.

So I asked if SO wanted to adopt her. The shi tzu. She was obedient and she peed on papers. And she's not naughty or mischievous!

And then there was this silence when I was telling SO this.

I turned around and saw that his eyes were red and he was tearing!!

Somehow, he was sadden by this information!

But the thing is....well, this was NOT the first time I was telling him about the Shi Tzu!

I told him about the dog a few times last year and this time he was crying?

He said it was so sad.

So I asked him, what's so sad about the dog? I told him about the dog before .....many times.

He said it was sad that the shi tzu is going to be homeless after the family is evicted.

I asked him...So? What's there to cry about?

And he called me a cold, heartless BITCH!!!

Frankly, what's there to cry about? If he had cried or tear up during the very first time I told him about the dog, I wouldn't be surprised. But this is the countless time!

So, yeah, we are adopting the Shi Tzu.

Why not? We got the space and we can afford to feed her well and bring her to the vet for her skin problems.

And so yeah....a new bitch is coming to this home soon.

No comments: