Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My letter to Dr Kim Byung Gun of BK Clinic Part 1

Well, I thought about it. And I have decided upon a course of action. I decided to write to Dr Kim Byung Gun of BK Clinic and offer him some unsolicited suggestions.

And why I suggested that he email the Minister of Health direct? Cos I remembered a few years ago, some young entrepreneurs wanted to set up a car wash business in those multi storey carparks.

The thing is they are the pioneers of this concept and it has never been done before. And so they applied to the official goverment agency, which I think is the Housing Board, HDB.

However, as this has never been done before, they were sent around in circles to various government departments. The reasons I think is cos the top officials at these government agencies are unable to make this type of decisions.

I believed that there were concerns then about the type of detergent used affecting the building structure and whether such business would interrupt other users of the car parks.

So in desperation and frustrations, the entrepreneurs contacted the Prime Minister? or some other Minister? And finally their idea came to fruition!

I remembered reading about this some years back. And if it can work for some application for car wash licence, I am sure that it can work for some medical clinic application.

After all, our country is gearing to be the medical hub of the region and Dr Kim is too valuable an asset to lose to other countries!

Eh, the email is not that well-phrased cos it was done at 6.30am and I am sleepy. My brain is half dead around this time and this is the best I can think of.

Let's wait for the good news!

And yah..I am going to bed now for my beauty sleep.

---------------------------

Hi Dr Kim,

I am one of those who are waiting for you to come to Singapore to set up a clinic.

I am sorry to hear that your application is taking such a long time to approve.

May I suggest that you write in directly to the Minister of Health, Mr Khaw Boon Wan.
His email is at khaw_boon_wan@moh.gov.sg

This is his real email address. You can find it at http://www.sgdi.gov.sg/ under Ministry of Health.

As he is the overall person in charge, he could be able to help you speed up your application approval .Just write him and tell him how much you want to set up a clinic in Singapore.

The thing about Singapore is that sometimes one need to approach the top dog to get things done.

There have been similar cases, not involving health care though, whereby the local government ministries here take a long time to approve some cases.

But once the Minister or member of parliament is approached, things get done very fast.

I wish you all best.

Cheers.

2 comments:

Sibani said...

Hi, i am also waiting for Dr Kim Byung Gun to set up a clinic in Singapore! I hope he comes here before October because by then i'll be leaving to Australia ): Any news?

iWicked said...

Well, still wanting for approval. Should be these few months. I have suggested to Dr Kim to write in to the Minister.