Thursday, April 2, 2009

Remembering Daniel

It has been about 6 years (2003?) since Daniel passed on.

As usual, I was looking forward to the obituary page for his death anniversary notice.

Frankly, I am not sure it would be there this year.

I saw it in the papers on the 1st 3 or 4 years after his death. And then when the death anniversay fell on weekends during the past few years, there wasn't any memorial notices.

This year, the day fell on a weekday.

I opened the papers. It wasn't there.

Had Daniel loved one forgottten him after so many years?

Hmmmm....I am sure I am not the only one who remembered Daniel. He got friends!

SO said that he dun believed in placing all these memorial notices in the papers during all these death anniversaries. He said there is no point in doing so cos he felt that remembering some one so openly and publicly is a bit fake and hypocritical.

He said that remembering someone did not need putting an ad in the papers, you just remember them in your heart.

Frankly, I think it's his crap. That bitch is just too lazy to do so.

It is easy to talk and pay lip service. The time, effort and money spent in putting an death memorial ad in the papers cannot simply be dismissed or denied.

So I can forget about an anniversary ad in the papers after I died.

Oh well!

-----------------------------

This song, Daniel by Wilson Philips reminded me of Daniel everything I hear it,



No comments: