Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Photos too....Thailandish?

I just uploaded my photo onto Facebook.

The photos were taken on my way to a medical appointment. I was in SO's leased car and we were driving into the tunnel. There was no sunlight, semi darkness, the area nly illuminated by artificial lights.

And the photos turned out beautifully! The light from the flash just illuminate my face! Frankly, it was the best series of photos. Ever!

Try it! Frankly, I am surprised by the effect!

Oh, I was also using one of my Fuji camera special functions, the "Portrait Enchancer". What this does is that it makes skin in photos appear smooth and even. Wrinkles are also ironed out.

Anyway, after I had photoshopped some of the facial blemishes, wrinkles etc, and adding in some hues, saturation and adjusting the lighting, I upload a favorite photo to be the main profile photo on face book.

And then I started contacting people I know.

One of them was AP. He was someone whom I knew sometime back. A generally nice guy.

We were exchanging messages. And he suggested meeting up sometime soon since we had not met for more than quite a few years.

Well, I am generally not interested in meeting people. I am not that sociable. Normally, I dun have much to say in person.

So instead of saying ...No, I am not interested, I told him I was not in town for a while.

What came next, kinda of shocked and sadden me a bit.

This was his message.
i presume its thailand right? u look so thailandish.

WTF!!!!!

What on earth is look thailandish? Does he think I look like those drags or like some thai whores?
(no offence to thai people!!)

Yeah, that's what I would think of if someone told me one look "thailandish".

I was insulted and a bit sad that he would think this way of me and make such a thoughtless comment.

So I responded...
Not thailand. Wat you mean look thailandish? You say i look like those thai drag queens or thai whores?

His response....
no lah..i simply mean u look so done up, so touched up

Hmmm.....and what does it mean? Photo too nice, too made up, too perfect?

I was still insulted, outraged and kinda of horrified. But I was too nice to tell him so or tell him off.

Yeah, I was hurting inside, sort of. Frankly, to say a man or woman look drag is not exactly an compliment. It's an insult.

Though he did not exactly say this, this is what I felt he implied.

Yeah, maybe I am just too sensitive.

So when SO came home, I asked him for his opinions.

As usual, he rolled his eyes and looked at me with distain, like....why you even bother...kinda of look.

And then he said..but he didn't exactly called you a drag queen or thai whore.

Well....what can I say.

Frankly, I kinda of regret adding AP to be my friend on Facebook. Dropping him is too obvious cos we have very few friends in Facebook and it is simply too obvious.

As for meeting him, well, he can certainly dream on. I would say he has a higher chance of getting pregnant and giving birth to octuplets (8 babies).

Later the next day, I changed my facebook profile photo to one which is less perfect, less nice and less touched up. I certainly dun want anyone to look at my photo and mistaken me for a drag queen or whore.

If one person can say so, another can too. And at this moment of time, I am not exactly very accepting of criticisms or unfavourable comments.

----------------------------

P.S. There is no way I am showing any of my face photos online in this blog. So readers, dun bother to EVEN think of asking.

I am able to blog my full range of emotions and actual incidents here when I dun show my face here.

So readers, you have a greater chance of striking $10 million lottery than me posting my photos here. This is NOT one of those photo blogs. So, you dream on.

No comments: