Sunday, June 29, 2008

Blogs backup

I am presently seeking a backup for my blog. Some of these postings are quite emotional and personal and I do not want to lose the contents.

I have arranged for each posts to be emailed to my email account after each post, but it is simply tedious to republish them in case they got lost somehow.

Some of the options I have found out are...

www.blogbackuponline.com
Free service only has 5 Mb storage space.

www.blogbackupr.com

Nothing is for free. Some of these sites either have limited memory space or that they harvest the blogs for email address and other information. Or that they are beta sites, which are still under testing.

-----------------------------------

I read this interesting article on the net.
BlogBackupOnline Should Be Banned!

Anyway, since I had only compiled less than a hundred posts in this blog, I decided to give it a try.

I backed up this blog and it came out as a file, export.xlm. I then managed to export it to a vox account. It turned out very well. All the postings were exported out. However, the links for all of my youtubes videos were missing.

After comparing the design, layout etc of blogger and vox, I decided that I still like blogspot better.

Vox is for those who are more interested in writing and posting blogs. Their design and page layout options are rather limited as compared to blogger. I am a person who needs to customize almost everything. From my ipod to my computer, screen saver, psp, bags etc, everything I owned is customized to my own identity. And so far, I think blogger has managed to give me some of that customizable options (though I think they could provide more design options).

Another option that I could do to backup this blog is to copy and paste, post by post to another blogger blog but one with a password, so in case this blog's content got trashed accidentally, I am still left with a backup.

No comments: