Monday, June 30, 2008

Motorola Bluetooth Adapter for iPod D650

I was searching for a bluetooth adaptor for my ipod classic for sometime since I got a new Ipod classic earlier this year.

Yesterday as I was shopping, I came across this Motorola brochure where it stated that they do have a bluetooth adapter for the Ipod. By then I had left the phone shop and on my way to another place, so I did not have the chance to check with the sales staff.

Anyway, I did some research online and found that the Motorola bluetooth adapter D650 is compatible with any iPod that has a 30-pin connector.
http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/product/details.jsp?globalObjectId=179
Motorola adaptor
I dun believe in calling and talking to customer service. They always seems to be a bunch of idiots who dun know much about products. So I decided to email them instead.
http://motorola-global-en-aus.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/motorola_global_en_aus.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?

So I happily filled up the questionaire form, asking them where I can get the adapter, and then I went on to the next page to submit my question. It turned out that you need to register and then login in before you can ask them any question.

How incredibly stupid is that! Why should I register, provide a bunch of information just so I can ask one question on how I can get my hands on a bluetooth adaptor?

Why all the trouble? I believe a company should be open in providing information on their products. They should be able to provide an open email address in which customers should be able to send in their enquiries, not make customers or potential customers jump over hoops and loops just to get some answers on their products.

So yeah....Motorola just went down a few notches for me in that aspect.

No comments: