Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Death of a Stranger Part 2

More from DT's blog. I finally found out how JL died. What a horrific way to die!

I attended the wake yesterday. Very sad... Frankly, I felt it's like dream. I can't accept Jimmy's passing on. Honestly, he's too young to go. His Brother told me to whole thing.

Jimmy was depressed before the kidney gall stone operation. He thought of dying and talked about suicide. He was in depression. I don't blame him... Life is very exciting , full of colours, work is good, doing what he does best!! Then got hit with the sickness... who wouldn't be depressed??

He spoke to many people, but none can't fill inthe emptiness he felt. Till one day, his sister suggested that he shld speak to the Lama of the temple. He did. The Lama spent some time with him, talked to him. After the session, Jimmy instantly felt better and didn't talk about suicide anymore before his operation. He began to eat but not much as his stomach hurts each time. He was down to 45kg. Days past, he was feeling better, ready for his operation on 28th May. Operation went well.... came back to his Mom's to recuperate... Then tragedy strike!!! He was up on Saturday morning, took a rag and a pail of water to clean the windows of his Mom's flat. While cleaning the window, he fell....20 storeys down!!!! He fell to his death!!!

He DIDN'T COMMIT SUCIDE!!! ...HE FELL , accident!!!! The police saw his body and his hand was holding the rag tightly on the ground, also saw the pail by the window he was cleaning in his home. NOT SUICIDE!! I repeat .... NOT SUICIDE!!
I don't believe he will do such a thing too!!!

At the wake , Lama disclosed that Jimmy's soul came to visit him. Jimmy told Lama, it was all an accident, he slipped, fell forward and out of the window down 20-storeys.
It was all an accident!! My dear Jimmy, my sad loss, our sad loss!!!

Life is ........unpredictable!!
Live life to the fullest, every moment!!

I admired Jimmy, he planned for his funeral 3 years back, wrote his will too.
All the details and requests in his plans were carried out to his wishes. Lilac table cloth over white. Small flower arrangements on each table. Consisting of white roses, lavender, statis in a small arrangements. Playing his fave music from Barry Manillow. Finally, he wants everyone to be happy, not sad on this day. He wants us to dress colorful!!! Jimmy..... Jimmy....how much I really miss you!!! A good friend and Boss!!!

----------------------------------

Found this blog on JN. I think it was a bit mean, especially the last part. The author is 20 y/o male.
RIP to JN
a local emcee. after losing his voice with thanks to the tonsil operation, he was extremely depressed. labeled among other emcees, as the best in singapore, being able to host for 2hours straight.

gay. and his parents claimed he fell from the 20th floor after wiping the windows.
but theres no signs of falling from a building.

flying dutchman and all my other emcee friends will be attending the wake.

suicide.

----------------------------------

I was reading a new blog, Ga and I came across this posting. This is about JL dated 9th Jun.
This morning, I saw a familiar face in the obituaries section of the paper. It was a face I knew from a long time ago, like when I was in my mid 30s. Yes, how time flies when you least notice it.

He was just someone who had written to me on numerous occasions. For a short period of time, we communicated, mostly, through emails. I knew he was a successful entrepreneur or at least that was what he told me. He also travelled quite often on his job. Somehow, along the way we stopped communicating and went about our own lives. You know, it's one of those things. They never last. I wish I had known him personally but that was as much as I knew of him till today. For some reasons, I never had the chance to meet up with him or got to know him better.

So, when I saw his picture in the obituaries, I felt a tinge of sadness. He was only 39, still so young was all I could think of. It was all the more poignant when I visited his memorial website. I may not know him as a friend but I learned that he was loved by many and his life was anything but ordinary.

Rest in peace, J.

----------------------------------

His death also came out in the papers of Shin Min on 10th Jun 2008. Only saw the headlines online, never read the contents inside. "Well-known local MC plunges to his death."

Rest In Peace, JNL!

No comments: