Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Death of a Foolz

I was lying in bed, surfing the net with my phone. There were no updates in those forums I frequent and so I decided to visit a forum of which I was a regular visitor some time back but not anymore.

Anyway there, the first thing that I came across was this thread about the announcement of a moderator. Her nick was "Foolz". Well, frankly, I do not know her personally but she was someone who was "almost" a full time forum poster. She had thousands of posts in several forums and was popular.

I had read her postings in several threads before and we had sort of chatted online. And there was this announcements on how she passed away on 7th Jun due to viral complications.

She was only 24, much younger than I expected. I always thought she was in her middle or late 20s.

Anyway, as I was curious how she really died. It is rare that someone that young can just drop dead from viral infection. I found out she got a fever, then she had a coma and she just died. Doctors said it was viral infection. Her friends' blog said the doctors did not know what virus it was that caused the infection.

Sigh...It was really unexpected and depressing when someone young die.

I hope that you rest in peace, Foolz.

----------------------------------

Read this from her friend's blog, Lady Silver dated 7th Jun 2008.
........on Thursday, she was found unconscious when her mum tried to wake her up. She was then admitted to hospital and the doctors said she's in coma. I still can't believe and accept because she was still all right few days back, life is so fragile and unpredictable.

I was devastated when I saw Hazel @ ICU yesterday. I cried when I saw her, she was beyond recognition. Her body was bloated by almost 40%, there were a lot of blood on her body. I heard there were internal bleeding. And she was panting heavily, relying on the life machine. The nurses said she's in a very critical condition.........

It's so heartbreaking to see her in that state, I can see she was struggling very hard to breathe, to live..

----------------------------------

Another except from another of her friend's blog, Jolene
I read about how things really weren’t looking good for her… about her dialysis… about her condition not improving… about how the doctors could not diagnose what was wrong with her except that it was a viral infection… about her immune system being very low… Then the positive news came… the stabilisng of her heartbeat… lesser bleeding from her nose and internal organs… the colour from her face coming back… Despite all these, she was still not out of danger yet, but at least it left us more positive. Many of us were praying hard for her to conquer this battle. We were all hoping to see her soon.

I logged off in the wee hours of Saturday morning, feeling glad that things are looking much better and woke up thereafter thinking Hazel would wake up shortly. However on my way to work later in the morning, XXX sms-ed me that Hazel had left us.

It was all too sudden that I really didn’t know what to say. She was healthy just a week before and now God had called her home. Had God made a mistake? Did St Peter write the wrong name in his big book? There must be some mistake somewhere. Hazel would wake up. She would.

----------------------------------

From her friend's blog, Amy
I was told she was having fever for the past 3 days and on 5th June morning, her mum tried to wake her up but there was no response. She was sent to the hospital and upon warded, after some diagnos, the doctor inform the family that she is in coma and most of her internal organs has already failed. Her brain, liver and kidney has failed to function anymore and is bleeding badly inside.

It might be cause by some unknown virus attack which they do not know what is it. When they do not know what virus, they do not know what treatment to give. Oh my god. i was lost for words and it was pretty late so i only visited her the next day which was yesterday.. i heard she even had plans to meet some of my frens on the 6th for lunch and the nite before 5th, she was having slight fever and even met her friends to pass her things. still has cheerful and she looks ok.

----------------------------------

Foolz very last post was on 4th Jun 2008, 12:27 PM
I had fever due to viral infection and had to see a doc. Now stop taking my suprim so that I can take antibiotic for my illness. The doc look quite shock when I show her suprim that Dr Chan gave for skin.

The last time she logged into the forum was 4th June 2008 - 08:29 PM
Her total number of post on the forum was 7,462.

Good bye, Foolz! Rest In Peace!

No comments: