Monday, August 11, 2008

Dentist charged $7 for Consumables

I was walking past a dentist in a mall when I did a double take.

There was a notice on the door that said that from a certain date onwards, the dental clinic would charge an extra $7 for consumables used per visit.

Consumables are those disposal dental stuff/products that dentists used during consultation.

That's inflation talking. Prices are going up. Now even dental clinics are charging for consumables.
I heard of some clinics charging about $2-4 for such consumables but $7?

Why can't they incorporate that in their usual fee?

Personally, in order to slash expenses, I have changed my dentist from that of a private clinic to a dental clinic in a public hospital. And my savings have been quite significant.

For patients to really accept $7 extra in dental consumables, that dentist had better be freakingly good! Otherwise patients would just like me migrate to other dental clinics with cheaper fees and zero charge for consumables.

No comments: