Friday, August 1, 2008

Mother called and Revelations about lunch that day

Mother called this morning again. We have talked a lot these few days. More than I ever wanted to.

She said that I should not have told my sister that I went for this and that surgery and that I am going for more surgeries. She said I could give my sister the wrong impression that I had too much money and too vain.

I asked mother if my sister said anything about it. She said no. I told mother, it was only one eyelid operation 2 years back and I only spent $2500 on it. Compared that to the thousands my sister spent per month on herself. Mother and I gauged that sister spent about $1k on car parking, another $1k on car loan repayments, and about $1K or more on food, another $1k on shopping and golf. So how can I compared to her? I dun have expensive taste like her. My personal expenses is less than a thousand a month.

Frankly, I am quite surprised that my mother was open minded about plastic surgery. She wouldn't do it herself but she has no objections about other people doing so. Her friends did it, some of my relatives did it. And mother did not blinked an eye.

Unlike my sister, who believes in natural beauty and that people should not be shallow and superficial ...blah....blah....but lived with what they are given....blah...blah...

Well, frankly we make our own choices and decisions, our lives are not indicated by others. I stand by my choices and dun expect all other people to accept them. But please respect my choices just as I have accepted yours.

I have accepted my sister lavish lifestyle and the choices she made in life.

Mother and I also talked about bringing Bobby to my place soon. She warned me that Bobby pees everywhere. Even on sofa, tables and beds.

We did talked about spaying Bobby. A neutered dog is less likely to mark territories. I am still thinking about it. Bobby is about 8 years old and now is better than never.

No comments: