Monday, August 25, 2008

For one more day

I just watched Oprah today and what I saw today made me nearly tear up.

It was about a book, For one more day by Mitch Albom.
Photobucket

If you could spend one more day with someone you loved and lost, who would that be?
What would you say to them? What would you do?

For one more day is the story of Charley, a washed up salesman, whose life was crumbling around him. He was not even invited to his daughter's wedding.

Alone and depressed, he drove to his home town and planned to take his own life.

However, en route there, he was involved in a car accident. Somewhere between this world and the next, Charley found himself in his childhood home and heard his mother calling him. She had died some years back but she was there calling his name, as if she had never died.

Magically, Charley has been granted one more day with his mother. In thay time, she helped him forgive himself, made sense of his life and find the courage to keep going.

What Charley learnt was that when someone is in your heart, they're never truly gone and they can come back to you, even at unlikely times. Charley has the magical opportunity of being able to spend just one more day with his mother, having the chance to ask questions about things that have bothered him, finding out at last why his father left, and much more.

This story is about forgivness, redemption, family, love and regrets

I am so getting this book.

-----------------------------

If I am given the chance of one more day, I would picked Gin.

I would spend the day with her in my arms, going for long walks, sharing her favorite food. I would tell her how much I loved her and how much she meant to me.

I would also take pictures and videos of her. And I would not let her go.

Well, writing this down is making me cry a bit. I have not cried over her for quite some time.

It has been 2 months since she passed away and I just missed her so much.

No comments: