Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My first FUCK

Blogging about Jade Seah and her "Fuck" word on TV, reminded me of my first fuck.

Nope, you dirty minded. Not my first physical copulation act. But the very first time I heard and learnt the word "Fuck".

I was in primary 4 or 5 then. I was at this lift void deck with my classmate, Rodney C, who was also my neighbour, when I asked him to teach me some english vulgar words.

Rodney C was this Eurasian kid who lived upstairs. His dad was some English dude and his mom was this chinese dance hostess or something. Anyway, she got pregnant, he didn't want the baby and left her.

And so Rodney ended up living in his aunt's place, which is one floor up from our home.

Having an eurasian classmate at that time in school was a very big deal. He was very outspoken, daring and frank. I remembered that the teachers was so impressed with having this Caucasian looking eurasian boy in their school, that by the first week , they had him reading passages from a book on stage. Once a week for a month!

Anyway, he was this very playful and mischievous kid. And sometimes, we would walked home from school together.

We were just hanging around one day, waiting for the lift when I asked him to teach me some English vulgarities. And he said ok.... One word is "Fuck"

I was like, "What's Fuck"? I couldn't even pronounce it properly then.

Are you kidding me? Is fuck a real dirty word?

Yeah, he told me. Adults used it often.

I was like ...okay...but what did it mean? He didn't or couldn't explain the term to me at that time.

I did not used the "Fuck" word until many years later, but it was Rodney C who taught me my first "Fuck".

Anyway, he stayed around for about 2-3 years. By then, his mother had found an English man who was willing to marry her and locate her and her son to UK.

I remembered that day, I bid farewell to Rodney C as he waited for the taxi to take him to the airport. We were still both kids, so there was no teary goodbyes or whatever. It was like, okay...Goodbye...good life...hope to see you again.

We never exchanged contacts numbers or addresses.

A few years later, about 5?, I met him again as he came back to Singapore for a visit. But too much time had passed. It was very awkward and sort of intimidating. Sitting there talking to him was like talking to a stranger, not some childhood friend.

We chatted a bit. I remembered asking if he faced racism in UK. And he said yes. There were some guys who threw stones at him and called him a chink and asked him to go back home to China!

The thing was that when he was a boy, he was a really Caucasian looking kid. But as he grew older, he was like a bit more asian looking.

Anyway, we were in our late teens then and again we did not exchange any contacts after that meeting.

Some time later, I found out from his aunt, that he gotten married at 21. I even saw his wedding photos. But sadly, the marriage did not really last. A few years later, they got divorced.

I suppose that by now, he would have gotten married again and probably have kids of his own.

Many years back, I heard that he only got 1 or 2 passes in his "O" levels and was working as some sort of low end warehouse or delivery job.

Anyway, sometimes, I wondered about Rodney C, the boy who taught me "Fuck", curious about his life and how's he's been doing.

I suppose I could still get his address in UK. My mother are still friends with his aunt.

But something is holding me back. What's the point? It has been years and years and even if we made contact, we would have nothing in common and nothing to talk about.

Rodney C, the boy who taught me "Fuck". Thinking back, I dun know why memories of that day were so vivid. Like it happened some weeks ago and not years and years old.

Anyway, when 's your first fuck?

No comments: