Friday, August 8, 2008

The Mummy 3 aka Where's Rachel?

I watched the Mummy 3 on Thursday. SO had taken leave on thursday and friday.

Well, the movie was average okay. Of course, it is NOT the same standard and calibre as Dark Knight or even Hellboy 2.

The Mummy movies series are not really something to be taken seriously. It is just brainless fun and humor.
Photobucket
What I missed most in this movie sequel was Rachel Weisz. Frankly, Maria Bello, the replacement just couldn't make it. She's another one who looks old and ugly. First Dark Knight 's ugly aunty Maggie Gyllenhaal and now here's another ugly aunty Maria Bello.

SO kept nudging me in the cinema, whispering, "She's so ugly".
bello
Sorry to say this, I dun mean to be mean. I have never seen Maria Bello on screen before. And frankly, she's not that memorable on Mummy 3. And I dun think I would ever see her on screen again. And even if I did, I dun think I would recognise her. She's that forgettable.

I had never seen Rachel Weisz before the Mummy 1 either but she got such a pretty face and she's so illuminating that she lighted up the screen with her presence.

And now in Mummy 3 is this dull ugly aunty, Maria Bello. Similarly to the Dark Knight, this sort of flower vase role does not require great acting skills, even a bimbo could do it and they couldn't find someone better as a replacement?

And there was absolutely no chemistry between Mario Bello and Brendan Fraser.

And then there was the son. He was played by 27 year old Luke Ford. Well, Fraser was actually only 13 years older than Ford in real life, so it was somewhat creepy. Brendan Fraser did not looked old enough to be his dad or the son just looked damned old.

Other than the mis-casting, the movie was generally just average. Jet Li was okay. Michello Yeo was okay.

The storyline like the previous Mummy movies are well...lousy in plot. It does made up for it in terms of actions.

Frankly, the kids and teens would love it.

No comments: