Saturday, August 16, 2008

Lights out!

I woke out this morning in darkness. It was about 6 am plus.

I slept with the lights on since a few years ago. SO dun mind cos he can sleep anywhere, through anything. Lights on or not.

And so every night, we slept with the lights on. Not bright white lights but cosy yellow lights.

And this morning, I woke up in darkness, terrified.

I barked and kicked at SO in panic. Where's the lights? On the lights, now!

He grumbled and rolled out of bed, saying, it's about 6 am plus, the day is dawning and daylight is streaming in soon.

I said I dun care, just on the lights! NOW!

I am terrified of sleeping without lights. Ever since a few years ago.

I was then renting a place with SO. The place was a 2 room apartment and the owner would come back and prayed on the 1st and 15th of every month. To his ancestors.

One night as I was sleeping alone, (SO had gone home), I felt a presence on top of me. It had the form of a man. I was terrified. I thought there was a break-in.

The whole place was in darkness, and I felt the man on top pressing hard on me. I couldn't breathe or move. I was paralysed with fear. I thought the guy was going to kill me. I tried to scream but no words came out of my mouth.

Finally, I started to pray and I was overcome with anger! And finally with a shout, I broke free and rushed to on the lights.

There was no one there. It was NOT nightmare, it was sleep paralysis.

But the fear felt so real. The presence on top of me felt so real. So heavy.

A friend who had a similar experience said he believed it was ghosts or spirits. He said he was haunted by a guy, who regularly climbed on top of him while he was sleeping.

It was creepy.

Before the incident, I did not quite believe in such things. But now I do.

From then on, I slept with the lights on. Every night. Every single night since then.

No comments: