Friday, August 8, 2008

Smelly men on the mrt

It has been a long long time since I took the mrt train during peak hours. When I said peak hours, I mean the "magic" crowding hours from 5:30pm to 7pm when the majority of working employees/people with office attire trooped into the mrts to make their way home.

I mostly go out only on weekends. And even if I go out on weekdays, I made sure that I get on the train by 5:15 pm latest. I simply hated crowds.

And today, we were late. So we took the train at about 6pm.

Gosh. Luckily we got seats cos we started from one end of the mrt trail. There were some male office workers/ executives standing around us. And some of them gave this slightly sour, sweaty smell.

Frankly, I dun remembered men in office attire smelling like that when I took trains during peak hours when I was working some years back.

Has the level of hygiene deteriorated to such a state? I mean these are not those old smelly unwashed uncles that I encountered during weekends. These are younger men in office attire!

SO said he did not noticed. His nose is like that. Insensitive. And he also smelled a bit sour when he came home from work each day.

Frankly, SO's nose is not very sensitive. He told me his bro used to bath once a week. And SO could not detect his foul smell. I have came close to his brother once and he smelled old and unwashed. Like some ancient antiques placed in some places that has not been aired for years.

Maybe i was unlucky or my nose was just ultra sensitive that day on the mrt?

Would have to test out my nose again should I take the train on weekday peak hours.

No comments: