Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Reasons I am not getting the iPhone....YET

The 3G iPhone is premiering in our local shores next week. 22 August to be exact.
Photobucket
I have read the online reviews and features of the iPhone. And it seemed that it is mostly all hype. It definitely lacked those essential features that I wanted in a handphone.

At first glance, the iPhone looked gorgeous, features sounded useful, but on closer inspection, well, a lot of things were lacking.

And here's my personal reasons why I am NOT getting this version of the iPhone. I am holding off my purchase until Apple come out with an improved version with the features I wanted.

In no order of preferences.

1. I am not a fan of products which are fingerprint magnets. And the iPhone is a mega print magnet. And my fingers leave mega finger prints! I also prefer keyboards to touch screen.

2. There has been numerous complains of appearances of hairline cracks on iPhone 3G plastic shell. Especially the white model.

3. Camera only 2 mega pixels? That is so ancient in technology age. The last time I used a 2 mega pixels phone was more than 2 years ago. My last 2 phones were 5 mega pixels and 3.2 megal pixels. Sorry, I wun settle for camera downgrades. I want at least an average decent camera capabilities.

4. There is NO video recording function/feature. GASP! Double GASP!! I am appalled. No video? I love taking videos! There is no voice-memo recording either. There is a video player though.

5. The phone battery cannot be replaced.

6. There is no inbuilt stereo blue tooth. Hmm...how difficult is that to incorporate blue tooth in a portable device?

7. There is no multimedia messaging feature. That means users cannot message multimedia files to others.

8. There is no expandable memory slot. That means no extra memory should the iPhone memory space run out.

9. There's no easy way to transfer files to iPhone. You cannot transfer files via iTunes. You can only email the files to yourself to access them. And even then there is no accessible mass file storage.

Frankly I think there are similar phones with better features out there, like the Samsung Omnia.
In fact, I think that the Nokia N95 which I am presently using is just as good if not even better than iPhone.

If I were to get the iPhone 3G as my phone replacement, I would also need to carry my camera around.

So until Apple came out with an iPhone with better features and functions like a higher pixel camera, video recording, bluetooth, memory slot, multimedia messaging, I am holding off my purchase.

No comments: