Monday, August 25, 2008

Good bye my friend

Some days back, I rediscovered the re-surfacing of the profile of Is.

Is had been a friend for over 10 years. In fact, in the beginning, he was some sort of my hmm...suitor? We were sort of heading that way soon after we met, cos I suppose we really did like each other and had similar intentions then.

But things did not quite work out as he often worked late on weekdays and he worked full days on weekends. We seldom had the chance to meet then. On weekends, after his work was over, he hang out with his cousins.

He was rather slow in going after me and by that time, I had knew SO. SO was faster and more attention giving, not to mention more aggressive. In the end, I chose SO over Is.

Is and I drifted aparted over time. And he got himself a steady partner.

Some years back, we met in a music store and sort of reconnected. He knew I was attached and I knew he was attached. We were friends after that.

He used to call me a few times a day some years back. That was the peak. He would called me over the slightest thing. However, there were no romantic feelings between us.

In fact, we even discussed opening a business together.

Over time, he was consumed with work and gymming. He had taken up gymming as a sport and was soon going there everyday.

And one day, the daily phone calls just stopped. But we still exchanged sms on birthdays and festive holidays.

The last time I met him was 2 years ago. Just after my eyelid surgery. We had a nice short chat and that was the last time I saw him.

I still sms him on his birthdays and christmas. In fact, I even send him cards on those occasions.

But last year, he stopped smsing me. I sort waited all day on christmas, expecting him to sms me.And he didn't. I had to sms him to get a response.

A few days ago, I chanced upon his profile, which he had deleted some months back. Immediately I send him a message saying,"How's you, boss?"

And his response was just "????"

What the fuck do you mean by ???

So I sent him another message online, So do you remember me?

And he never responded back. Not after 4 days. Even when he logged in a few times since then.

THAT bitch totally ignored my message!

I was fucking hurt! Really really hurt...

So today, I just sent him this message. Signed off with my real name.

Hmm.I must have offended you somehow for you to ignore my messages. I really thot you were my friend.

Never mind. I would not waste your time any longer. I would NOT contact you again.
Cheers and have a good life and all the best to your business and life.
XXXX


Well, I did not know if he had really failed to recognise me or that he had already given up on me as a friend.

If he had given up on me as a friend, I also did not want to hold on to something that was no longer there.

If he had, I do not know what to say except good bye my friend. It has been nice knowing you all these years.

No comments: