Thursday, August 7, 2008

China Con calling

I received a call from a number with an extremely long sequence at 12:41 pm this afternoon. Looking at the number +86 28 852931 **, i guessed the number probably originated from China.

Checking the net, I was right. China country code is 86 and 28 is the area code from Chengdu.

But the thing is I dun know anyone from China, no relatives, no business, no friends there, NOTHING!

I can't be bothered to even answer the phone. In fact, I dun even answered the phone if I dun recognise the number.

The caller probably called to say that I won some lucky draw and a huge amount of money. And that if I send over a few thousand dollars, I could claim the prize money.

WHAT DO YOU THINK I AM? STUPID???

I told SO about it and he said he also received a call from a similar number some weeks back. He picked up the call, heard some whiny Chinese lady, speaking with strong whiny cheena accent and slammed down the phone.

Like me, he also dun have any connections nor know anyone from China.

Gosh, cons from China are getting more daring. Soon, they would overtake Nigeria as the con capital.

So please, dun be taken in. Money does not fall from the tree nor from the sky.

Dun be so gullible and be taken in by such offers of money.

No comments: