Monday, July 21, 2008

Bloody Red Cliff

Red cliff

Just 3 words to describe the movie, Boring, Bloodbath, War.

This big movie epic, big production clocked in at 145 mins.

Frankly, I dun quite get it. There are lots of scene of war, bloodbath, blood spatter, slashing, and not much of a story.

Some of the scenes are much too long that by the first hour, I was writhing in my chair with agony. And I am not the only one in the cinema doing so.

And this idiotic family was sitting next to us, talking and whispering throughout the movie. I was feeling frustrated by the movie by then, and I did something I normally dun do for fear of being bashed up. I hushed the family loudly. I was going "Sshhhh" a few times before they got the hint. I was very close to telling them, "Have you talked enough? SHUT UP!"

Frankly, I was so relieved by the time the movie ended. Would I go for Part 2? I dun think I want to subject myself to such torture again! I watched this cos SO wanted to watch and also cos Hancock and Hell boy 2 timing was off for us.

This is NOT an international movie. It WILL NOT appeal to an international audience! It WILL NOT appeal to anyone NOT interested in chinese history!

Dun say you have not been warned!

No comments: