Thursday, July 10, 2008

My N95 is well!

Nokia called SO yesterday late afternoon. My phone was ready to be collected.

If not for the fact, it was quite late in the afternoon, I would have rushed down immediately to collect it.

I did not sleep that well last night. This morning, I woke up at 11 am plus with a major headache. I read the papers, watched some TV, bathed, fed Bell some snacks, popped 2 panadols and left the house at 2pm.

I was feeling hungry. But I did not want to talk to anyone. Not this morning, unless absolutely necessary. I have to talk to order food and today, I am simply not in the mood to talk to anyone.

So, after returning SO's library books which weighed a ton, I popped down to the basement and bought some bread. Each bread cost $1.40 and I bought 4.

Then I took a bus to collect my phone from Nokia. I was just teeming with anticipation. The old replacement phone I was using for the last few days simply sucked! Big time. It was the Motorola Razor, 1st generation. At that time, when it came out, it was so cool. So slim...and the thinnest phone at that time.

But now, the razor just seemed so obsolete. The camera could only take VGA photos up to 640 by 480. And there are no Notes in the phone. I am so reliant on writing notes in the handphone, and these few days, I felt so helpless. I could not remembered a lot of things. And I have to save my notes onto the razor phone by writing them as sms and saving them as draft.

A few days away from my Nokia N95, made me appreciate what a great phone it was. I really loved the 5 mega pixels camera and video, never mind that sometimes the resolution is not that great. And I really missed the NOTES!

I reached Nokia around 3pm. The place was not crowded like on Sunday. I gave the reception my letter and IC and was issued a queue number. Within 15 mins, my number was called.

The guy who attended to me was the same young malay guy who attended to me on Sunday. He got a great smile. How do people smile like that? I would like to learn to smile like that.

Anyway, I asked him what's wrong with my phone, he told me he dun know. He said there were some technical terms in the report, which he could not interpret.

I was simply grateful to get the phone back, I did not asked for anything else. My baby is back!

Anyway, it was still early. I have not been to the Tampines Mall and Century square for a few years and took a quick walk around.

New shops have popped out. Everything looks so new and yet so different.

There was a Hokkaido fair going on in TM. I was planning to get some dried scallops. I still remembered those scallops SO's mother brought back from Hokkaido when she visited earlier this year. They were delicious. Like juicy and bouncy, big round cuttle fish. So yummy.

But at this fair, a 100g cost $15 to $20 and these are the low quality ones. The better quality ones cost around $45 to $120. And there were so many aunties around, queuing with packs and packs in their hands. Doesn't look like the country is undergoing inflation. The whole place was so packed. And this was at 3-4pm, in the afternoon, still office hours!

Anyway, the scallops were too expensive. I was being miserly and thrifty. It is too much of a luxury food item at this time of inflation.

SO is so going to slaughter me if I bought such things. And he does not even eat them. His mother always tried to sneak them into food she cooked for him. But once he found out, he would not take another bite. He simply cannot stand the fishy smells. I did asked him once why his mother did it anyway. And he replied, she was just trying her luck! Hahahaha!

Anyway, I took a bus home. It was around 4pm. I did not think it would be crowded, but it was simply packed to the brim! I really dun like to squeeze into a crowded bus, but I was tired and I just wanted to go home!

On the way home, I bought a nice new red cover for my Nokia N95. And changed its silicon cover.
But then, I have to restore the phone backup from the laptop and reinstalled all the missing applications back.

Welcome back, N95!

No comments: