Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Twisted and The Yawara stick

I was watching the movie "Twisted" on TV the other day. The movie starred Ashley Judd, Samuel L. Jackson, Andy Garcia, David Strathairn, Russell Wong. With such stellar cast, you would have think the movie would be a hit.

Twisted

Nope. It was simply a bored fest. Ashley Judd was the lead character, a police officer whose former lovers/one-night stands start to die mysteriously.

Frankly, I was sort of expecting some great finale climax and when it finally came, it was more of an anti-climax!

Anyway, the thing I was more interested in was the Yawara stick that Judd used in the movie. The Yawara is a japanese form of self defence, which uses a short handsize stick to disable the opponents by attacking the nerve points.

That was the most interesting part of the movie for me!

Now I now trying to see if I can unearth some instructional manual for the yawara and learn myself some self defence skills.

No comments: