Friday, July 4, 2008

Handset Upgrade

With the the number portability hype, handsets are getting cheaper these days.

I am presently using the Nokia N95. I think it is pretty good and useful. I love the 5 mega pixel camera, the video recording, the music player, the internet browser. I have started to read blogs on the phone since I am able to access it wirelessly at home.

And I have recently gotten an expansion 8 Gb micro SDHC card.

But I have to admit, I am starting to get bored with this phone. It does not quite motivate or aspire me.

I am looking forward to the Apple 3G iPhone but it would be available only towards the end of the year. And I dun quite like the idea of downgrading to a 3 mega pixel camera phone.

There are so many similar phones to iPhone. One of them that caught my eye recently was the Samsung OMIA.
  • OS: Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
  • Display: 3.2” WQVGA TFT LCD (240 x 400)
  • Camera: 5 Megapixel CMOS, Auto Focus, Image Stablizer, Geo-tagging, Auto-Panorama Shot, Wide Dynamic Range (WDR), Face Detection, Smile Detection, Video RecordingMemory: 8GB / 16GB Flash + External Memory slot : microSDHC™ (up to 16GB)
Photobucket
Photobucket
I just checked with my telco and I am available for upgrade only in Oct 2008. SO has completed only 15 months of his contract and he could upgrade his handset at +100 extra.

Hmmm....it seems I have to wait till about Christmas to get a new phone and I hope they would come up with a better model. Maybe with a 10 mega pixel camera? And 32 Gb memory?

Well, I can certainly dream.

No comments: