Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Mother harrassed by foreign workers

Yesterday, I spoke to my mother who told me she was harassed by foreign workers painting her block.

They asked for drinks and money. And shouted "Aunty, Aunty" until she felt threatened. And they were just outside her windows! And she was living in a very high floor unit.

I wrote a complaint email to the town council and this is their response, which I think is too short and simple. Are they really going to do something about it or dismiss it? How are they going to act on it? Just tell off the workers? Would the workers seek revenge out of spite?

I really hope they act on it instead of paying lip service. If I find out that it happen again, I am going to blow this up and go all the way up to higher authorities!

----------------------------------

Thank you for your email. As the area concerned comes under the purview of Marine Parade Town Council, we have, by way of this email, forwarded the matter to them to follow up.

Have a pleasant day ahead.

Best regards
Aljunied Town Council

----------------------------------

Dear XXX,

Thank you for the feedback.

We have noted and will proceed to necessary actions to address the issues.

Regards
Marine Parade Town Council

No comments: