Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Bluetooth Stereo Headset

Well, I am seeking a good wireless bluetooth stereo headset.

The one I currently possessed, the Nokia Bluetooth Headset BH-501 is actually not that bad. It is just that the music quality is well....average. Not that great, a bit muffled, and sometimes sounded inferior.
nokia 501Nokia BH 501

I bought it for less than $100, at the IT fair. One thing I dun like about the head set is that it can be uncomfortable during extended wear. My head is rather large and my ears somewhat floppy. Though the set headlength is adjustable, the plastic piece behind the ears cuts into the back of the ears when wearing for a long time.

At that time, I was gaming for the Nokia Bluetooth Stereo Headset BH-503 but it was out of stock. (still is in many shops /outlets) And also it cost about $170 to $190.
Nokia 503Nokia BH 501

I suppose since it is stereo headset, the music quality should be better? But is the design of such a headset suitable for my head shape?

Actually I was also interested in the Motorola Active Headphone S9. The one advertised with Beckham. I actually went to a phone shop and tried on the dummy set since they dun allowed trials with the real set. It was lightweight. But I was unsure. So I checked the reviews online.

One of the main grouses was that the length of the set is NOT adjustable. It is okay with people with normal size head, but bigger or smaller heads would have a problem wearing them long term. I know my head is bigger than normal, cos I have tried on normal size caps and they are much tighter on me.
Moto S9Motorola S9

Today in the IT supplement of the papers, I discovered that Motorola is coming out with a new wireless bluetooth headset, the Motorola S605 Bluetooth® Stereo Clip Headset.
S605Motorola S605

I suppose one attractive thing about the S605 is the price. It is only $98!!! And it has a built-in FM radio so it can be used by itself! And it has a standard 3.5 mm jack so that you can use your own earphones or the ones included! And music can be remotely controlled! How great is that!!

Oh yah...but it has a rechargeable battery and needs to be recharge. I could not find any information on the charging time and battery time cos the product was just launched last week.

But I am so going to get the Motorola S605!

No comments: