Monday, July 14, 2008

Sweet talker Stefanie from Apprentice: LA

I have just finished watching Apprentice: LA.

I can't really say I am impressed with Stefanie, the winner. She seemed to fly under the radar throughout the whole series. How many times was she even project leader?

This finale is well...anti-climax. The final projects seemed so simple and trivial as compared to the final projects of previous seasons.

What clinched the deal for Stefanie was the eloquent speeches she made in the finale.

She's one lady, who really knew how to blow her horn. And that is something that inspires me to learn from her.

----------------------------------

"Mr. Trump, I think what you've seen from me is someone who's had the respect of every single one of their team members from Day 1 until today," Stefanie said when answering how she would explain flying under the radar. "I never took credit for other people's ideas. I contributed my own ideas and made sure my team looked good all the time. If someone was falling below the appropriate standard, I made them look good. I filled in the spaces. I made us work as a team. That's what a leader does."

"I function on a daily basis both from a business perspective and a legal perspective. My line of business requires me to be a leader on a daily basis. I lead hundreds of people through complex litigation where millions of dollars are at risk, defending people just like your father," answered Stefanie. "I was the driving force of our team from Day 1. I was not only a creative force, I was the glue that held our team together."

"I believe I bring not only a legal and business background to it, but also coming at it from the point of view of being in construction, having been counsel for developers in construction, I understand it from the ground up," explained Stefanie.

No comments: