Monday, July 7, 2008

My sister's Lexus

My sister owned a Lexus. She bought the car last year after testing a few models and finally settled on the Lexus, cos it was roomy. She's not a petite, slim lady but eh..rather voluptuous and the Lexus gave her that extra space.

She bought the car in installments for about $100k. That means she's paying about $1k or more per month, and that's excluding petrol.

Mother said that my sister is regretting buying the Lexus. Petrol costs are increasing, ERP are increasing, car park fees are increasing. And my sister parked her car in a mall, where the charges are several times higher than other car parks. And also her business is not that well this year.

My sister is not a very cautious driver. She is a BITCH on Wheels! On land, she's already a MEGA BITCH and can you just imagine her on WHEELS?

Two years ago, when SO and I drove her and mother home from Grandma 's funeral, my sister said she would never buy a car. She said she was seriously involved in a car accident in UK when she was studying there and nearly died. She herself admitted she got no patience on wheels. And that she's happy taking cabs everywhere.

But last year, mother told me, my sister decided that she wanted to get a car, cos she felt it was cheaper than taking cabs.

And she bought a $100K Lexus cos her business was doing well.

Well, my sister did not have a thrift bone in her body. She buys only expensive branded stuff and somethings she used once and forgot about it. And when she came back from UK, broke and penniless, she used her credit card to the maximum. She eventually ended up with $40k in debt, with no means of repaying. And THAT BITCH ignored all those red warning letters the bank sent her. Repeated reminders and warning letters. She simply did not care.

Anyway, she made peace with father after that and he paid all her debts. And now he's broke! We did not come from a rich family background. My father was a low ranking civil service employee.

Back to the Lexus. My mother said the car, less than 6 months old is now badly dented with lots of scratches. That BITCH just dun care. She dun have any pride in her possessions. She told my mother she just drove wildly especially during curves and bends. Hence the scratches and marks.

Well....frankly, I think my sister is going to die in 2 ways (I am NOT cursing her!). She is either going to die in a car accident, since she drove like a she-demon possessed. OR she is going to die of lung cancer, for smoking a few packs a day.

She does not listen to advice, so no use advising her. I did informed her of the risks of lung cancer. She just said she is aware but she simply enjoyed smoking too much to give it up.

Oh well....

No comments: