Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Someone just paged me!

This morning someone paged me. Yeah...I am still holding a pager. One of the last few person still holding a pager until the paging system ends this month.

I also owned a handphone but pagers have been with me since I was a late teen. The only person who pages me these days is my mother. I have not given her my handphone number yet. She is the type who would call and call if you did not answer the phone. So that's why she only got my pager number. I have not seen a unfamilar number paging me for a long long time.

Who could it be? A wrong number? An old friend?

I returned the call. The number 9808 8808 was so nice looking. So auspicious and easy to remember. It was from Singtel, an automated message, telling me the paging system ends on 10 July 2008.

Good bye, pager. You have been useful but is now obsolete.

That reminds me, I have to call my mother and tell her that my pager number is no more and that Gin is dead.

No comments: